Sleep is a necessity of the human body that brings rest to all of the body organs, after a long day’s action. But the vital fact is that only a perfectly sound sleep may offer the desired result for the physical and mental stability of a person. On the contrary, disrupted sleep may lead the body to experience horrible fatigue throughout the day, as well as result in the absence of concentration and irritated mood.
But there are some essential oils that are known to be effective in creating sound sleep, curing all of the sleep disorders. These natural oils are all extracted from the flowers, fruits, and the wood of various kinds of trees and plants.
- Lavender Oil – This sweet-scented oil comes from the lavender blossoms, which has an exceptional effect to calm down anxious feelings. Just 1-2 drops of lavender oil ought to be added to the pillow or directly to the forehead, wrists, and feet of the user so that its soothing essence can help him/her fall asleep very quickly.
- Roman Chamomile – Many men and women are used in the normal consumption of chamomile tea to health reasons. But this essential oil derived from the Roman chamomile plant is useful in relaxing the body and mind of a user. The soft herbal essence of the oil resembles the odor of apple to some extent. This sweet fragrance acts as a stress-reliever and reduces all negative emotions, like anger, bitterness, and irritation.
- Cedarwood Oil – This oil comes from the bark of the cedarwood tree. It is used for relaxing the agitated nerves, due to its natural sedative power. A few drops of the essential oil can be added to the pillow of a patient suffering from insomnia and watched the difference immediately. Aside from inducing a sense of tranquility, this oil helps in fighting common cold and distinct household pests.
- Vetiver – This oil is obtained from vetiver grass, which can be called khus-khus in many Asian nations. It may be applied directly to the body skin for reducing psychological stress, leading to sound sleep at night. It also works fast in soothing mental traumas and psychological shocks. It’s used as a medication for the relaxation of nerves and to stimulate the circulatory system of the body.
- Valor -Its woody scent helps in maintaining balance in the nervous system, resulting in increasing the physical and mental strength of the consumer. Furthermore, it causes courage, self-confidence, and concentration. Hence, a few drops of the oil should be massaged on the wrists, chest, feet, and neck before going to bed or may be added to the massage oil for a full-body massage.
- Orange – This oil is derived from the peels of refreshing orange, for which it has a sweet, fruity fragrance that calms down a disturbed mind. Once it uplifts the mood of the user and acts as an anti-depressant; this essential oil also known to have antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties. Additionally, it contains d-limonene, which is an antioxidant and consequently, helps in regenerating cells.
- Stress away – This essential oil is produced by mixing lime essential oil and vanilla extract. Sometimes, other pure essential oils, like lavender oil and cedarwood oil are added to this useful oil to make it a more powerful sleep-inducing agent. The sweet citrus aroma of the oil calms down emotions and makes the user mentally peaceful, by forcing out all anxieties and hard feelings from his or her mind.
The best way of using these essential oils is to spray into the nostrils with the support of a small home diffuser. These oils can also be massaged gently on the neck, torso, hands, and feet, to induce quicker and sounder sleep.